Add Curb Appeal to Your Home
Are you looking for ways to add curb appeal to your home? The way your property looks from the road is the first impression that someone has to the property. It can affect the number of buyers willing to view your home – and the number offers you receive. If a potential buyer is apprehensive walking into the house it will be a lot harder to win them over – even if the inside is amazing. Why not make the effort to spruce up the outside as well as all the little touches you’ve done to impress buyers inside. Here are a few easy pocket-book friendly tips that will help you make your house look its best at first glance.
- Trim bushes and branches so they don’t block windows or architectural details.
- Set a pot of bright flowers (or a small evergreen in winter) on your porch or front walkway.
- Install new, matching locks and knobs on your front door.
- Repair any cracks or holes in the driveway, and clean oil spots with degreaser and a steel brush.
- Edge the grass around walkways and trees.
- Stow your garden tools and hoses out of sight, and clear kids’ toys from the lawn.
- Buy a new mailbox.
- Upgrade your outdoor lighting.
- Purchase a new doormat for outside your front door.
- Clean your windows, inside and out.
- Polish or replace your house numbers.
- Mow your lawn. Also, turning on the sprinklers for 30 minutes before the showing will make the whole yard sparkle.
- Place a seasonal wreath on your door.